Working in partnership with Co-operativesUK, Co-operatives South East is a co-operative organisation in its own right. Membership is open to any co-operative operating in the region, which is also a member of Co-operativesUK or one of its federal members, in sectors such as housing, credit unions or agriculture.
The key aims of Co-operativesSE are to:
- represent and promote co-operative values and principles
- raise the profile of the co-operative sector in the region
- represent the co-operative sector within regional forums and regional media
- develop services to members that will assist them to develop as co-operatives, sustainable enterprises and contributors to the well-being of communities in the region
- involve members and potential members in the wider co-operative Movement and in particular in active membership of Co-operativesUK
- build partnerships, structures and arrangements with organisations who have similar objectives.
As part of the wider social enterprise or third sector, Co-operativesSE is directly engaged in working with partners in the region for mutual benefit. It was a founder member of the South East Social Enterprise Steering Group. The Regional Framework for Social Enterprise – “It’s Business but not as we know it” reflected the contribution we have made to this group and its work.
Co-operativesSE has also been involved either itself or through South East Co-operative Support (SECS), an independent organisation bringing together specialist support organisations across the region, in a number of specific programmes.
A Board of Directors are elected from Co-operatives South East’s wider membership. New Board members are elected at the Annual General Meeting. For further information, please contact our Business and Communications Manager.
- Annual-Report 2015-2016
- Annual Report 2014-2015
- Annual Report 2013-2014
- Annual Report 2012-2013
- Annual Report 2011-2012
- Annual Report 2010-2011
- Annual Report 2009-2010
- Annual Report 2008-2009
- Annual Report 2007-2008